"Working with Axé is always a transformative experience. We have collaborated on multiple projects from dance workshops to Shakespeare. Axé brings a creative light to all that she does. She meets each person “where they are” as an individual, performer and person. Her work is always organic, unique, and beautiful. It is and always has been clear to me that dance is Axé tool to empower. Students love her and her work!!! I would recommend her in any situation when working, playing, creating or connecting with people and communities. "- Lee Lee, Summer Theatre Director, Kent High School
CUT/ THE EDGE INTENSIVES
Sol Vida Worldwide provides artistic and leadership development to dance and theatre companies to help infuse soulful dance curriculum and choreography into their programs, helping teachers and directors practice embodied leadership addressing the whole child and person through holistic performing arts education. Together, we will develop emergent voices, provide tools to actualize artistic dreams, and the support needed to create meaningful works of art and use their bodies as a voice as a catalyst to incite change in the global world.
Sol Vida Worldwide is dedicated to activating youth voices, giving young people the space to express their power, beliefs and truth. We dare the next generation to the cut the edge with their artistic impact, to become embodied leaders capable of global leadership. Through technical training, community building, healing, and development of choreographic voice--your dancers will learn what it means to Cut. The. Edge. To be a powerful, potent, capable of making change in this world by using the power of their voices and bodies. Let's create a Statement Piece of Impact together and change the world one dance at a time.
While many dance studios are concerned with hiring coaches for competition, we invite you to bring us in to lead your dancers in collaboration, not competition, to do work that has true meaning, that you can perform and share with the world via video or live on stage for your performances.
Invite us into your studio, theatre, classroom, or laboratory space to provide creative direction while developing a site-specific, thematic-based dance project. We will create a Statement Piece to bring attention to a movement, cause, idea, or feeling that is important to you and your performers.
- Participants will be trained in the enlivening Sol Vida Technique, with the option to fuse movements from: Modern (Horton/Dunham based), Ballet, Hip Hop, Jazz, Musical Theatre, Afro-Fusion, (West-African, Afro-Brazilian, Egyptian) Conscious/ Ecstatic Movement, Creative Movement, Improv, Guerilla Theatre and Performance Art.
- Participants will participate in council, community building, and risk-taking exercises.
- Participants will practice meditation, positive mindset and light energy work.
- Participants will contribute to choreography brainstorming sessions.
- Choreography can exist in whole ensemble, small group pieces or both
- Participants get to come as they are; wear appropriate dance gear that is body positive and reflects their unique self.
- Participants must commit to a judgement free and no-can't zone.
- Finished Statement Pieces can be used for dance videos, protest, performances, festivals, conferences, competitions, and simply for the sake of experiencing a profound and meaningful process that gives meaning and life to the world.
Create an unforgettable transformative dance experience for you and your community. Develop your company's artistic voice even more with a holistic dance and performing arts educator who specializes in the creative development of adolescents, who will support them and meet them where they are it, develop their artistic voice and empower them to shine to their fullest potential while building community and collaborative dynamics.
Details for hosting an intensive:
- Cut/The Edge Intensives work best over full weekends (Saturday + Sunday) as a creative retreat for participants or Monday-Friday, during the lunch hour, class, or after-school for a dedicated one week period.
- Host organizations provide the space for the intensive which must include hard-wood or marley flooring.
- Host organizations provide sustenance and snacks for participants.
- Host organizations provide room & board for guest artist(s) if outside of the regional area. (Schedule a free booking inquiry to discover the current regional area boundaries, most likely near Colorado/California/New York
* Host group will be provided with rehearsal videos, project notes and can schedule up to two follow up consultation calls/video chats after the intensive.
Cut/The Edge Intensives
Minimum $1000 - $15- $75/ participant
Schedule a free 15-minute booking consultation to lock in dates and project scope.
Are you a dancer who loves to create, train and perform? Dedicated to collaboration not competition in the dance world? You must come to One Sol Dance Festival!
Sol Vida Worldwide is a nomadic company shifting normalcy through transformative dance and wellness experiences online and across the globe. Specializing in the fusion of cross-cultural, contemporary, conscious dance and embodied choreography.